Sunday, May 12, 2013

Come Live With Me and Be My Dog

with apologies to Christopher Marlowe.

Come live with me and be my dog,                     
I need a little bat-eared hog,
We'll frolic, pounce like crazy girls,
Annoy the birds and chase some squirrels.

Around the house we'll play and hide
Across my hardwood floors you'll slide,
Your optimistic doggie eyes,
Will beg off so much exercise.
           
And I will buy you Alpo chunks,
Forgive you when you catch those skunks,
Or in the park and neighbors' yards,
You leave your little calling cards.
               
A jacket of the finest wool,
A leash that stretches when you pull-
O wrinkled grins! O happy fools!
We both shall hate obedience schools
       
A vet trip or just flea-tick lotion
No cost shall limit my devotion.
And should you hurt past any mending
The Gentle Sleep shall be your ending

I miss my lover's snores at night,
But, unlike him, you'd never bite.
If all my time and love you hog
Then live with me, and be my dog.

I created this parody sometime ago to deal with my infatuation with my french bulldog.  It is time I pulled it off Deja Net and reposted it.  
                       
    
       

No comments: