Saturday, December 1, 2012

Decaying Chakras

This was written in response to a prompt about a piece of music.  Everyone else responded with lovely classical, jazz or even well known bands.  I had an earwhig... The Age of Aquarius!  

Declining Chakras

Sahasrara:  the Crown
Minerva full-grown sprang
From Zeus' grey matter;
My forehead ensconced less
Intelligent chatter.

Ajna:  the Brow or Third Eye
Make vivid mementos
Impress every sight
As my weakening vision
Turns day into night.

Vishuddha: the Throat
A smooth swanlike neck
Once unblemished and fair,
Hangs wrinkled and crepey,
With new chins to spare.

Anahata:  the Heart
"A thoracic aneurysm blows only one time in a hundred patients," my doctor reassured me.
"If those were lottery odds, everyone would be buying tickets," I responded grimly. 

Manipura: Solar Plexus
Gut pain and vomiting bile.
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
   NOW!  the doctor said.
Christmas in the hospital
Seems like a spa instead
With home life far too stressful
And all my family's woes
For no presents and no gallstones
I'll take morphine at St. Joe's.

Swadhisthana:  Sacral
I feel compression on my spine
Despair sneaks in again
My spirits are held down by pain
I need a little Zen.

Muladhara:  Root
As aging fingers touch the soil
With fall's decaying matter,
I sense an ending similar
Let my ashes simply scatter.

Gate, gate, paragate
Parasamgate
Bodhi svaha.

No comments: